An example of one of those depressing articles that you occasionally read in the Wine Press. Read and weep as JC’s lazy marketeers deliver phrases such as “We are excited about this opportunity to engage with our target audience…blah, blah blah”. The JC marketing guys really are the Spinal Tap of Wine, but at least […]
Archive | November, 2008
I’ve just about recovered enough to pen some thoughts on an extraordinary Thursday evening of fine wine and dining. The venue was a converted farm in deepest Sussex and the occasion was an event hosted by Red Anywhere, a new catering concept by Masterchef Dan Clarke. It was an evening I’d been looking forward […]
Here we go again! Voting irregularities, electors facing poll closures before they can mark their “X” and electronic machines short-circuiting due to rain storms. God Bless America, it makes you long for the hanging chad. Obama or McCain is the choice that faces the voters in the bankrupt superpower across the Atlantic and we Brits […]
Drinking and health – you pays your money and you takes your choice. This week, we’re all gonna die. Heavy metals in wine could pose potential health problems to regular drinkers, claims a scientific report published today. The report, which appeared in the online journal Chemistry Central, claims that a daily 250ml glass of red […]
Chateau Pontet Canet is now available in USB format. The official spiel would have you believe the following – If you are a wine lover, this USB stick might come in handy. It has a storage capacity of 1 GB and contains Open Cellar, a wine management software. You can get it for 35 Euros. Software […]
- Tesco wine chief hoists himself by his own petard. Ouch. May 25, 2011
- Which Wine Would Feature in The Movie of Your Life? February 4, 2009
- Caption This Photo: I’m only drinking with you because… June 18, 2010
- Concha Y Toro Killed My MacBook Pro July 30, 2009
- Caption This Photo! May 27, 2009
- Paul Smith designs a Claret less Ordinary February 13, 2016
- Romantic Personalised Wine? Nah, Just Veuve Clicquot February 13, 2016
- Tesco launches alcohol free wine without a hint of irony February 11, 2016
- Warning: Unmanned drones are targeting your wine December 11, 2012
- The Truth behind the Robert Parker Wine Advocate deal December 10, 2012
- russell: its cheap and your worth it...
- Gavino: Fair enough Alex - although, as you can tell from ...
- alex: Gavin Williams Profile: "As an independent consul...
- Anders: Dan Jago is a wine man. Rowan Gormley is a markete...
- Jane: Okay folks - controversy time. The supermarkets do...