When WineOfTheWeek lived in Camden Town, only desperation would lead me to buy wine from the local Costcutter. During the summer months a lack of air-conditioning would see bottles leaping off the shelves with sheer heat exhaustion – ‘Wine dies in Hot Shops’, So it comes as little surprise to learn that the aforementioned ‘supermarket’ […]
Tag Archives | jacobs creek
Staying with the communist block, we follow up our recent story of the Chinese being duped by fake wines, to the Chinese doing the duping. The Sunday Mail, never one to miss the dastardly deeds of J. Foreigner, reports on fake Chinese bottles of Jacob’s Creek lining the shelves of Britain’s off-licences, selling at the […]
An example of one of those depressing articles that you occasionally read in the Wine Press. Read and weep as JC’s lazy marketeers deliver phrases such as “We are excited about this opportunity to engage with our target audience…blah, blah blah”. The JC marketing guys really are the Spinal Tap of Wine, but at least […]
- Tesco wine chief hoists himself by his own petard. Ouch. May 25, 2011
- Which Wine Would Feature in The Movie of Your Life? February 4, 2009
- Caption This Photo: I’m only drinking with you because… June 18, 2010
- Concha Y Toro Killed My MacBook Pro July 30, 2009
- Caption This Photo! May 27, 2009
- Paul Smith designs a Claret less Ordinary February 13, 2016
- Romantic Personalised Wine? Nah, Just Veuve Clicquot February 13, 2016
- Tesco launches alcohol free wine without a hint of irony February 11, 2016
- Warning: Unmanned drones are targeting your wine December 11, 2012
- The Truth behind the Robert Parker Wine Advocate deal December 10, 2012
- russell: its cheap and your worth it...
- Gavino: Fair enough Alex - although, as you can tell from ...
- alex: Gavin Williams Profile: "As an independent consul...
- Anders: Dan Jago is a wine man. Rowan Gormley is a markete...
- Jane: Okay folks - controversy time. The supermarkets do...