The Cartoon Museum in London is putting on an exhibition of drawings portraying drunks and drinking. In this clip from BBC’s Today programme, David Yelland (former editor of The Sun) and cartoonist Brian Sibley discuss satire and social problems. WineOfTheWeek shall be visiting the exhibition this Thursday. Here’s the description from the Cartoon Museum’s website: […]
Tag Archives | wine
The Lebanese clearly have time on their hands. Answers on a postcard please.
When WineOfTheWeek was at college, we got our alcoholic kicks from copious amounts of snakebite and black. I can say with absolute certainty that the University we attended did not have any form of wine cellar. If you are currently a student at Trinity College, Cambridge, then you may be pleased to know that your […]
Gordon Ramsey today issued a statement explaining his controversial £250,000 wine cellar. The celebrity chef is having the cellar installed in his £2.8million seven-bedroom West London home. Here is the statement in full: F*** Off. Gordon Ramsay is a cock. Sorry, a ‘cook’.
Twitter co-founder Biz Stone recently announced that they are ready to sell their first wines. The Twitter wine venture began last year with a tie up with wine maker Crushpad and the the non-profit Room to Read. The idea is to sell the wine in order to promote education and literacy under the name of […]
This isn’t the first time that WineOfTheWeek has featured the bizarre art-form that is musical wine glasses and we can’t promise it will be the last! The video features Dutch artists Lernert Engelberts and Sander Plug and was performed after just eight weeks of practice. Utterly bizarre thing to do. But also utterly bewitching.
An animated caterpillar is on a mission to scale a wine glass. Go on little man! You can do it! Funny Short 3D Animation – Caterpillar & Glass Of Wine Uploaded by BettyReese. – Watch more comedy videos and sitcoms.
Zork was one of the first interactive fiction computer games. Set in a sprawling underground labyrinth the user controlled a nameless adventurer whose goal was to find treasures hidden in caves. Zork is also the name of a resealable top for sparkling wines and Tesco have just announced that they will be adopting the closure […]
CNN are reporting that Starbucks is to start serving wine at one of of its “learning lab” locations in Seattle. In a brief statement announcing the reopening of the store, Starbucks said it is offering wine and beer, as well as an “expanded food menu,” at the location. The statement didn’t provide any details on […]
David Cameron’s ‘Big Society’ seems to depend on the willingness of volunteers to give up their free time in order to apply their skills for the public good. As the Coalition government lit the ‘bonfire of the quangos’ last week, much media scorn was directed towards the ‘Foreign Office’s Government Hospitality Advisory Committee on the […]
- Tesco wine chief hoists himself by his own petard. Ouch. May 25, 2011
- Which Wine Would Feature in The Movie of Your Life? February 4, 2009
- Caption This Photo: I’m only drinking with you because… June 18, 2010
- Concha Y Toro Killed My MacBook Pro July 30, 2009
- Caption This Photo! May 27, 2009
- Paul Smith designs a Claret less Ordinary February 13, 2016
- Romantic Personalised Wine? Nah, Just Veuve Clicquot February 13, 2016
- Tesco launches alcohol free wine without a hint of irony February 11, 2016
- Warning: Unmanned drones are targeting your wine December 11, 2012
- The Truth behind the Robert Parker Wine Advocate deal December 10, 2012
- russell: its cheap and your worth it...
- Gavino: Fair enough Alex - although, as you can tell from ...
- alex: Gavin Williams Profile: "As an independent consul...
- Anders: Dan Jago is a wine man. Rowan Gormley is a markete...
- Jane: Okay folks - controversy time. The supermarkets do...